1. You’ve never understood people who can be cold and calculating. Indigo children are identified because they are born with more empathy than past generations. At times, they can feel like they’re a totally different species because unlike so many other people, they can’t compartmentalize their feelings enough to treat people badly for an extended period of time.
2. You feel more than other people. You cry when movies are sad and belly laugh when they are funny. Whatever emotion you are feeling in the current moment, you feel it fully. Indigo children have “advanced emotions.” They are so attuned to inner-self that every feeling that bubbles to the surface feels more potent than it does for others.
3. At times, you struggle with being a pushover. This same sensitivity to the feelings of others causes problems in situations where there may be conflict. While indigo children are independent, they also feel for everyone and don’t want to upset or disappoint others.
4. You struggled in school. While indigo children are highly intelligent, the way their mind works doesn’t conform to traditional ways of thinking. They don’t do well with rigid structure, because they don’t understand the need for it. Take an indigo child who is struggling in a traditional school into a less structured school and they will thrive. This is why it’s common to see indigo children who are voracious readers (curious and intelligent) but who have trouble reading what is assigned for their classes. For them to be successful, they have to be somewhat self-directed.
5. You’ve always had a strong desire to understand how things work. One of the main indicators of an indigo child is someone born with a much higher than normal sense of curiosity. Indigo children want to understand everything. They are the kids who can’t stop asking ‘why?’ While others will accept a trope answer, indigos want to dig below the surface until they truly understand the thing in question.
6. You’ve never been quite “normal.”Indigos often feel like outsiders growing up because their openness and empathy set them apart from how others feel, think, and act. Especially for children, this can be a hard time of learning how to trust your instincts.
7. You have a strong drive to find purpose in life.
Indigo children are concerned with making life meaningful. Unlike people who are obsessed with career or financial success or thrill-seeking or even nihilism, the motivating force in an indigo’s life is that they have a sense of fulfilling their “purpose” in being born.
Let’s deal with it!